Ever since I happened upon an orzo salad at Starbucks in Yorkville one afternoon, I have been searching for a comparable DYI option. This FAMILY friendly salad is out of this world. There are so many spheres, colours and FUN textures and you get to eat the salad bowl. It sure to be hit with kids and great for picnics.
- 1/2 cup dry Orzo pasta
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cups small bocconcini balls
- 2 large basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbs pesto sauce
- 1/2 tsp balsamic
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, halved
- Cook the orzo as per the instructions on the package until al dente.
- Prepare and combine the cherry tomatoes, bocconcini, basil, pesto and balsamic in a bowl.
- Add the orzo when al dente add to the salad.
- Flavour with pepper and salt to taste.
- Use a melon baller to carve out the halved beefsteak tomatoes.
- Fill the tomato bowls with the salad.
Inspired by Domestic Fits