We tried making Baked Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Apples at our camp again. I let the apples bake for at least 20 minutes both in the coals and on the grill, but it really needed maybe about 20 minutes more. I wanted them to be a lot softer.
- 1 apple, cored (but leave a bit at the bottom to keep the good stuff in)
- 1 TBSP brown sugar (or whatever you think looks right)
- 1/4 TSP ground cinnamon (or whatever you think looks right
- A dab of butter
- Fill the apple with the brown sugar, cinnamon and butter.
- Wrap the apple in a large piece of foil. Twist the top to make a handle.
- Place the apple on the fire pit grill. Cook for at least20 minutes, until softened.
- Remove, place on a plate and unwrap. Be careful not burn yourself with the hot juices.