It’s hard to believe that homemade sorbets aren’t very common.
Tip: Start this in the morning to consume that evening, or make the day before.
- 3 cartons of FRESH strawberries (about 24 oz.).
- 3/4 cup sugar (less if the strawberries are really sweet).
- 2 tsps lemon juice (more if strawberries are really sweet).
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Remove the tops and any imperfections from the strawberries. Use a blender to puree.
- When smooth, add sugar and blend until fully suspended.
- Add lemon and salt and blend
- Strain the puree to remove the seeds.
- Chill in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Churn in your ice cream maker as per your ice cream maker’s standard instructions. The sorbet was still very runny when I stopped.
- Place in the freezer for 3 hours.
- Serve and enjoy.